Bumper sticker of the day: "When there's a will, I want to be in it!"
Review of Lecture 16: The Monk's Peas: Mendelian Genetics.
1. Gregor Johann Mendel: first to discover the principles of inheritance; worked with garden peas (seed shape (round vs wrinkled); seed color (yellow vs green); pod color (green vs yellow); pod shape (inflated vs pinched); height (tall vs short); flower placement (axial vs terminal)
2. Mendel's law of segregation: alleles separate during gamete formation
3. Dominant vs recessive alleles
4. Homozygous vs heterozygous
5. Phenotype vs genotype
6. Monohybrid vs dihybrid cross
7. Punnett square; probability and predictability
Return to PB 102 Class Notes Homepage
Please send your suggestions, comments,
corrections, and/or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated May 9, 1997.